Michael David Dobbs
Mr. Dobbs has over 15 years of litigation experience in private practice in addition to substantial government experience as a prosecutor in Montgomery County, Maryland. Mr. Dobbs is an experienced litigator who practices in Maryland and the District of Columbia. A former assistant state’s attorney in Montgomery County, Mr. Dobbs has an extensive criminal practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia. In addition, he uses his litigation experience to represent his clients aggressively in workers’ compensation and personal injury cases in the District of Columbia and Maryland.
Mr. Dobbs is a skilled negotiator and a well respected litigator. Recently, he secured an acquittal for his client following a jury trial. The jury found his client not guilty of possession with intent to distribute narcotics in spite of the fact that the client had previously confessed (before Mr. Dobbs entered the case) and there were seven police officers testifying against the client. Mr. Dobbs was able to capitalize on the weaknesses in the prosecution’s case to secure an acquittal against what would appear to be insurmountable odds.
Mr. Dobbs is a skilled negotiator and has enjoyed great success in securing favorable plea agreements in criminal cases and generous settlements in workers’ compensation and civil cases.
Areas of Practice
- Workers Compensation Law
- Criminal Law
- Civil Litigation
- Maryland, 1985
- District of Columbia, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland,
- University of Maryland,
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Federal Practice, Criminal Law and Workers' Compensation Sections
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Association of Compensation Insurance Attorneys
Vice President and President-Elect
- Washington Claims Association